When unnamed Bloomberg sources said Dexcom is in talks to buy Insulet in what could be the year's biggest medtech megamerger, stock prices went wild. And the American Society for Clinical Oncology annual meeting, the biggest cancer conference, will be held in June, but we have early news to share. Also under discussion is the new monkeypox outbreak, what the treatment options are and why health officials don’t seem concerned. Lastly, nominations are finally open for the annual Fierce 15 competition. We'll hear from the judges about what it takes to make your nomination stand out from the rest.
To learn more about the topics in this episode:
- Roche rolls out trio of PCR research tests for monkeypox
- Bavarian Nordic signs 'larger' monkeypox vaccine supply deal with unnamed country
- US to provide Bavarian Nordic's vaccine Jynneos to some at risk for monkeypox, CDC says
- Moderna tunes vaccine platform to next potential viral threat: monkeypox
- Monkeypox outbreak won't be the next global pandemic thanks to vaccines, drugs: analysts
- Dexcom, Insulet in talks to merge into a diabetes device behemoth: report
- Biohaven flunks first clinical test for rare disease drug post-Pfizer sell-off
- ASCO: Is another pan-tumor drug on the horizon? Johnson & Johnson thinks Balversa could be it
- ASCO: J&J, Legend reveal more CAR-T data and a look at Carvykti for earlier myeloma in a difficult population
- ASCO: J&J's multiple myeloma toolkit expands with bispecifics data
- ASCO: Novartis eyes full nod for Gleevec follow-on Scemblix thanks to new leukemia data
- GSK dodges UK strike with improved pay offer for staffers
- Calling all Fierce 15 fans: Nominations for the 2022 Fierce Biotech Fierce 15 are now open
The Top Line is produced by senior multimedia producer Teresa Carey with editor-in-chief Tracy Staton, managing editor Querida Anderson and senior editors Annalee Armstrong, Ben Adams, Conor Hale and Eric Sagonowsky. The sound engineer is Caleb Hodgson. The stories are by all our “Fierce” journalists.