- Further growth in sales and underlying EBITDA primarily driven by MaterialScience, Consumer Health as well as positive currency effects.
- Price +1.3%, volume +7.9%, currency +6.0%, portfolio -0.6%
- Special items due to partial write-down of Zevalin (-€132 million) and litigation (BHC -€57 million, BCS: -€66 million)
- Currency impact on underlying EBITDA of approx. €160 million
- Core EPS up 9.5%
- Double-digit increase in net cash flow - working capital management further optimized
- Increase in net financial debt mainly due to the dividend payment, annual payments of variable compensation, interest payments (occur mainly in Q2) and negative currency effects of €0.6 billion.
- Significantly higher investments in R&D - R&D budget raised to €3.1 billion
- Group outlook 2010 confirmed - subgroup outlook updated
Bayer's website: http://www.bayer.com/
Full release: Bayer's earnings release