2022 was the third straight year where the coronavirus pandemic had an extreme effect on the revenue of several biopharma companies. Pfizer became the first in industry history to rack up more than $100 billion in sales. We discuss how other companies fared in 2022 and what can we expect this year.
To learn more about the topics in this episode:
- The top 20 pharma companies by 2022 revenue
- Big Pharmas finally strike with GSK, Merck acquisitions, signaling accelerating pace of M&A
- Merck & Co. inks $11B Prometheus takeover, firing starting gun on race for blockbuster bowel market
- GSK coughs up $2B to buy Bellus for late-phase rival to Merck & Co.'s stuttering gefapixant
- Medtronic embarks on monthslong global layoffs, with total cuts unknown
- Eli Lilly adds $1.6B to its manufacturing spending plan in Indiana, breaking a company record
- J&J, Legend's Carvykti cut risk of progression or death by whopping 74% in earlier myeloma, leaked abstract shows
The Top Line is produced by senior podcast producer Teresa Carey. The stories are by all our “Fierce” journalists. Like and subscribe wherever you listen to your podcasts.