DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/f1f1e6/us_healthcare_refo) has announced the addition of the "US Healthcare Reform: Impact and Implications for the Pharmaceutical and Biotech Industries" report to their offering.
Millions of Americans protested it, conservative pundits howled in outrage and lobbyists worked feverishly behind closed doors to stop it. But in the end, on March 30, 2010, President Obama's nascent and highly contested Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 leapt its last hurdle and became law.
Pundits predict the industry will be challenged to finance the initial costs of drug reform since an increase in revenue from an estimated 32 million newly insured Americans won't be seen until at least 2014. Elsewhere, commentators can see both negatives and positives. While Morgan Stanley analysts said the reform package would depress earnings per share at European pharmaceutical companies by up to two to three percent in 2011, Citigroup analyst Charles Boorady estimates that US drug sales will be four to six percent higher by 2019 as a result of the reforms.
The report investigates the healthcare reform legislation to assess:
- The immediate and long-term impact of US reform on the pharmaceutical and biotech industries
- Potential benefits, drawbacks and challenges that still lie ahead
- Examines the key points of the reform package as they pertain to the pharmaceutical industry
- Reviews the background, US expenditure on healthcare and the genesis of the legislation
- Offers point-by-point analysis of the main benefits foreseen by industry leaders
- Overviews the impact of the legislation on market share, supported by charts
- Summarizes the viewpoints of key opinion leaders in investment, trade associations, pharmaceutical, biotechnical companies and market research
- Includes a complete overview of US$ adjusted closing prices
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/07900e/us_healthcare_refo
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager,
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
KEYWORDS: United States North America
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Biotechnology Pharmaceutical