DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3dfb3b/pharmaceutical_key) has announced the addition of the "Pharmaceutical Key Trends 2011 - Generics Market Overview: Patent cliff set to drive global generic uptake despite tougher market conditions" report to their offering.
The combined generics market size is valued at approximately $77bn in the US, Japan, the five major EU markets (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK), the BRIC markets (Brazil, Russia, India, and China), and Australia combined. With branded pharma set to lose approximately $100bn in sales due to the patent cliff, this presents a significant opportunity for generics players during 2011-15.
Features and benefits
- An overview generic uptake and market sizing
- Insight into the key drivers and resistors to generic uptake in key the developed and emerging markets.
- An examination of the major generics players and the strategies they have implemented in both the developed and emerging markets.
- Insight into future opportunities for generics players
- In response to rising healthcare expenditure, governments in developed markets are looking bolster generic uptake in order to contain costs. Physician prescribing by international non-proprietary name (INN), in addition to automatic substitution and pharmacist incentives, are key tools to drive generic uptake.
- In the US, despite the addition of many new customers and the continued drive to increase generic uptake as a result of the healthcare reform law, generics companies are set to experience further downward pricing pressures and will be forced to operate with ever-decreasing margins, focusing on consolidation and cost-cutting.
- The BRIC countries represent a key growth market for the generics industry. Uptake of generics in these markets will be driven by continued population expansion, increased prosperity, and expanding healthcare coverage.
Your key questions answered
- Evaluate the drivers and resistors to generic uptake in the US, EU, Japan and BRIC markets
- Gain insight into the deal types between companies to bolster their position in generics markets
- Identify which key small molecules are facing patent expiry and provide opportunities for generic producers
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3dfb3b/pharmaceutical_key
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager,
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Pharmaceutical