DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/967f9e/oncology_market_in) has announced the addition of the "Oncology Market in India to 2017 - Limited Patient Affordability for High Priced Biologics Lowers Market Potential" report to their offering.
Oncology Market in India to 2017 - Limited Patient Affordability for High Priced Biologics Lowers Market Potential provides insights into oncology sales and price forecasts until 2017. The report also examines the Indian oncology treatment usage patterns. In addition, the report also includes insights into the oncology R&D pipeline. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the top five oncology therapeutic indications, which are breast cancer, colorectal cancer, prostate cancer, lung cancer and Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma (NHL).
High Growth Rate and Increasing use of Biologics has made the Oncology Market Attractive
The overall market for five indications - breast cancer, colorectal cancer, prostate cancer, lung cancer and Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma (NHL) - was at $153.4m in 2009. This is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11.3% for the next eight years and will reach $361.9m.
High Support by Government and Increasing Incidence Rate among Large Population Base are not Big Enough Drivers for High Market Growth
The major drivers are large population base and increasing incidence rate, along with government support. However, the number of restraints is much higher than the drivers. Major restraints are pricing and patent issues. This has created a lot of issues in the past. Tarceva and Glivec are two famous cases which are still pending in court.
Along with these factors, reimbursement is also a major restraint. There are very few health policies which cover cancer diseases. Companies which provide such coverage either charge very high premiums or their conditions are very restrictive. Thus the Indian population is not able to fully utilize the benefits of newly developed drugs.
Strong Pipeline and the Entry of New Players Will Intensify the Competition
The global oncology market has a strong pipeline base that will support the growth of this market, thereby attracting many pharmaceutical and biotechnological companies. Major molecules are in Phase II and Phase III, so a high chance of intense competition can be predicted.
Major pharmaceutical companies such as Pfizer, Astrazeneca, Sanofi-Aventis, Merck, Roche and Novartis are active in their pipeline for oncology. The rapid entry of new players and the highly active pipeline will intensify competition.
The report covers:
- Data and analysis on the oncology market in India.
- Annualized market data for the oncology market from 2002 to 2009, with forecasts to 2017.
- Market data on the therapeutic landscape, including market size, market share, annual cost of therapy, sales volume and treatment usage patterns such as disease population and treated population.
- Key drivers and restraints that have had a significant impact on the market and on each indication.
- The competitive landscape of the oncology market includes both Indian players and foreign players.
- Key M&A activities and Licensing Agreements that took place from 2004 to 2010 in the Indian oncology market.
Reasons to buy
The report will assist business development and marketing executives to strategize their product launches, by allowing them to:
- Build effective strategies to launch their pipeline products by identifying potential of the market.
- Exploit in-licensing and out-licensing opportunities by identifying products that might fill their portfolio gaps.
- Develop key strategic initiatives by studying the key strategies of top competitors.
- Develop market-entry and market expansion strategies by identifying each indications growth rate.
- Reinforce R&D pipelines by identifying new target mechanisms which can produce first-in-class molecules which are safer and more efficacious.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Table of Contents
2 Oncology Market in India: Introduction
3 Oncology Market in India: Market Characterization
4 Oncology Market in India: Therapeutic Landscape
5 Oncology in India: Regulatory Landscape
6 Oncology in India: Pipeline Analysis
7 Oncology in India: Competitive Landscape
8 Deals Landscape
- Dr. Reddys Lab
- Piramal Healthcare
- Biocon Limited
- Cipla Ltd.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd/Genentech, Inc.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/967f9e/oncology_market_in.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
KEYWORDS: Asia Pacific India
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Oncology Pharmaceutical Professional Services Other Professional Services