DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/0d3c3b/commercial_insight) has announced the addition of the "Commercial Insight: Inflammatory Bowel Disease - Future Market Prospects Rely on Addressing Cost and Safety" report to their offering.
New drug launches, combined with the impending impact from the seminal SONIC study, which will result in Crohn's disease patients receiving biologics in combination with immunomodulators earlier in therapy, and increased use of biologics in ulcerative colitis will help to drive sales from $3.5 billion in 2009 to $5.6 billion in 2019 across the seven major markets.
- In-depth analysis of the current and future inflammatory bowel disease market across the US, 5EU and Japanese markets, and a Rest of World snapshot
- Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis specific sales forecasts for key brands to 2019, and total brand figure to benchmark indication-specific sales
- Detailed brand dynamics discussion, including analysis of the anti-TNFs Remicade, Humira, Cimzia and 5-aminosalicylates, such as Lialda
- Insight and analysis of the strategies of the key developers in the IBD market
Highlights of this title
Leading on from the SONIC study, experts would like to treat IBD aggressively, but need longer-term safety data and information on which patients will be best to treat with the approach. Clearly, not every patient will be appropriate, with safety and cost and reimbursement coming to the fore.
Datamonitor has always maintained that patient preference, convenience and compliance will help determine the commercial success of marketed products for IBD. In addition, experts interviewed by Datamonitor expect the next 5 to 10 years will revolve around cost and side effects.
Recent data presented at DDW 2010 highlighted Humira's poor efficacy in ulcerative colitis, fuelling concerns over the drug's future potential in this additional indication. Datamonitor, however, remains optimistic that Humira's second Phase III study will generate positive data leading to US and EU approval in 2011.
Key reasons to purchase this title
- Quantify the current size of IBD sales in the seven major markets and understand trends in the rest of the world
- Understand IBD market trends and assess the impact of events, such as biosimilars entry, on sales of over 30 key brand name products
- Access a case study assessing the likelihood of ulcerative colitis approval for Humira and Simponi with three alternative scenario forecasts
Key Topics Covered:
1. MARKET DEFINITION
2. MARKET OVERVIEW
3. BRAND DYNAMICS
4. KEY DEVELOPERS
5. CASE STUDIES
To view the detailed table of contents of this extensive report, click the link below
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/0d3c3b/commercial_insight.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager,
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
KEYWORDS: United States North America New York
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Pharmaceutical