DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/95fc7f/anemia_drug_pipe) has announced the addition of GlobalData 's new report "Anemia - Drug Pipeline Analysis and Market Forecasts to 2016" to their offering.
"Anemia - Drug Pipeline Analysis and Market Forecasts to 2016" is an essential source of information and analysis on the global anemia market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global anemia market. The report also provides insight on the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to bring significant shift in the market positioning of the existing market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insight on the pipeline products within the global anemia sector. GlobalData valued the anemia market in 2009 at $10.4 billion. The main driver for the growth of the anemia market is the rapid utilization of Erythropoietin Stimulating Agents (ESAs) such as Aranesp (darbepoeitin alfa), Procrit (epoetin alfa), Epogen (epoetin alfa) and Neorecormon (epoetin beta). These therapies are biological in nature and the annual cost of anemia therapy with these drugs ranges between $3,000 and $8,000. GlobalData evaluated the current competition in the anemia market as weak. Though iron deficiency anemia accounts for 40% of the total anemia population, none of the drugs indicated for iron deficiency anemia became a blockbuster. However, the majority of the ESAs that are indicated for selected types of anemia are blockbusters and currently dominate the market. This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in house analysis by GlobalData's team of industry experts.
The Anemia Market is Expected to Witness Marginal Decline Due to Rising Safety Concerns over ESA Therapies and Weak Late-Stage Pipeline
Author valued the anemia market in 2009 at $10.4 billion, indicating a CAGR of 8.5% between 2001 and 2009. The main driver for the growth of the anemia market is the rapid utilization of Erythropoietin Stimulating Agents (ESAs) such as Aranesp (darbepoeitin alfa), Procrit (epoetin alfa), Epogen (epoetin alfa) and Neorecormon (epoetin beta). These therapies are biological in nature and the annual cost of anemia therapy with these drugs ranges between $3,000 and $8,000. The majority of these therapies were launched between 2001 and 2007 and as a result market growth was pronounced in that period. In 2007, safety concerns over the use of ESAs surfaced and this has led to a decline in the sales of the drugs. Since then, the growth in the anemia market has been declining. Between 2009 and 2016, the market is expected to decline further as there are no key promising therapies expected to enter the anemia market. Further, biosimilars of ESAs have already entered the European market and are expected to enter the US market between 2009 and 2016. This factor is also expected to restrain the growth of the market.
Anemia Market, Global, Sales Value ($ bn), 2001-2016
The scope of the report includes:
- Annualized global anemia market revenues data from 2001 to 2009, forecast forward for seven years to 2016.
- Geographies covered in this report include the US (United States), the UK (United Kingdom), Italy, Spain, Germany, France and Japan.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across different phases, mechanisms of action being developed and emerging trends. The first-in-class molecules are primarily Oral hypoxia-inducible factor prolyl hydroxylase (HIF-PH) inhibitors, transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta inhibitors and transferrin receptor (TfR) targetters.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global anemia market. Key future market players covered are Affymax, Pharmacosmos, Amgen Inc., Hoffmann-La Roche, Chugai - Pharmaceutical Celgene Corporation, Hoffmann-La Roche, and Johnson and Johnson.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include a strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and the implications for future market associated with the anemia market.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability in a more rapid and time sensitive manner.
It will allow you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global anemia market.
- Drive revenues by understanding key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global anemia market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolio and create effective counter-strategies to gain competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- What's the next big thing in the global anemia market landscape? - Identify, understand and capitalize.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Table of contents
2 Anemia Market: Disease Overview
3 Anemia Market: Market Characterization
4 Anemia Market: Competitive Assessment
5 Anemia Market: Pipeline Assessment
6 Anemia Market: Implications for Future Market Competition
7 Anemia Market: Future Players in the Anemia Market
8 Anemia Market: Appendix
- Amgen Inc
- Celgene Corporation
- Chugai Pharmaceutical
- Hoffmann-La Roche
- Johnson & Johnson
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/95fc7f/anemia_drug_pipe
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
KEYWORDS: United Kingdom United States Europe Asia Pacific North America Germany Spain Italy Japan
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Pharmaceutical