DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/e63704/abbott_laboratorie) has announced the addition of the "Abbott Laboratories - SWOT Framework Analysis" company profile to their offering.
Being an internationally famous pharmaceutical brand, Abbott Laboratories has some of the most famous drugs in its portfolio. Some of the most popular ones include:
- Humira: a drug for rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, Crohn's disease, and moderate to severe chronic psoriasis;
- Norvir: a treatment for HIV
- Depakote: an anticonvulsant drug
- Synthroid: a synthetic thyroid hormone.
Employing over 70,000 people across 120 countries, Abbott has a wide variety of diagnostic equipments, medical devices and even immunoassay products in its portfolio. Apart from this, the company also produces many nutritional products, amongst which Ensure is a well known brand of meal replacement shakes.
The companys latest financials include:
- Revenues of $30,764.7 million during FY 2009 - primary reason for growth being the increased sales of Humira and Lupron.
- Operating Profit of $6,235.7 million during FY2009
- Net profit of $5,745.8 million in FY2009
Taking a look at the global pharmaceutical industry, sales of prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) drugs are worth over $600 billion yearly. The US leads the world in this industry, claiming both the largest market share and five of the ten largest companies (Bristol-Myers Squibb, Johnson & Johnson, Merck & Co., Pfizer, and Abbott Laboratories). Europe takes second place, even as the industry comes under more regulatory pressure here. Japan brings in the third place, as its super-regulated pharma industry comes out from the economic turmoil that has plagued the region.
It is a fact that pharma companies are having a tougher time in mature markets such as North America and Western Europe, whereas emerging markets such as China, India, Turkey, etc., are proving to be very promising for industry players.
It is in this industry scenario that Aruvians places Abbott Laboratories and carries out a SWOT analysis of the company giving an idea about what edge the company posses over its competitors such as Merck, Novartis, etc.
Aruvians Rsearch analyzes the company Abbott Laboratories in the SWOT Framework Analysis. The report includes the following:
- Business segment analysis of Abbott Laboratories
- Major products & services of Abbott Laboratories
- Profile of the industry Abbott Laboratories operates in,
- Profile of its major competitors Johnson & Johnson, Merck & Co., Inc., Novartis AG and the Sanofi-Aventis Group
- SWOT Analysis of Abbott Laboratories
- Future Perspective of Abbott Laboratories
Aruvians Rsearchs report Abbott Laboratories SWOT Framework Analysis has a broad ranging content suitable for industry experts as well as logically initiating the industry beginners.
Key Topics Covered:
A. Executive Summary
B. Profile of Abbott Laboratories
C. Competitor Profiles
D. SWOT Framework Analysis
E. Glossary of Terms
- Johnson & Johnson
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Sanofi-Aventis Group
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/e63704/abbott_laboratorie
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager,
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Pharmaceutical