Leading Solution Providers Collaborate to Form '4 Serialization' Team to Help Drug and Device Companies Comply With Serialization Mandates and Improve ROI
Acsis, Inc., Cognex Corporation, Nosco and Omega Design Form Alliance to Ensure Pharmaceutical and Biotech Compliance with Federal and State ePedigree and Serialization Mandates
CHICAGO, Nov. 3, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- PACK EXPO -- A team of solution providers have formed an alliance to offer their industry expertise, best-in-class practices, and leading-edge products and solution to help pharmaceutical and life science companies address their serialization and electronic Pedigree (ePedigree) requirements to ensure patient safety, prevent counterfeit drugs from entering the supply chain, and minimize diversion.
The alliance is a joint collaboration between Acsis, Inc., a leading supply chain visibility and traceability data collection company; Cognex Corporation, developer of machine vision sensors and systems; Nosco, producer of pre-serialized pharmaceutical printed packaging; and Omega Design, machinery and package solution provider, to help manufacturers, wholesale distributors and contract producers within the pharmaceutical and biotech industries implement product serialization and visibility throughout the supply chain to ensure patient safety and prevent counterfeiting. The collaborative mission is to help organizations reach compliance and avoid the common pitfalls that can occur during implementation. The participating partners have a deep understanding of what is needed to be successful and support GS1 standards which ensure global traceability and visibility throughout the supply chain.
By working with the "4 Serialization" team, customers can:
- Achieve compliance with the approaching ePedigree and serialization mandates by working with solution partners who know the industry and its requirements
- Build a solution that is flexible enough to meet specific individual needs
- Learn from leaders in the industry who will help to meet serialization requirements while collecting the data necessary to build and benchmark ROI
- Engineer packaging with preserialized 2D and RFID solutions and launch structured Pilot programs and production scale-ups
- Maximize results without affecting machine speeds and accuracy
- Gain valuable information about current global standards, pilot programs, ways to support both serialized and non-serialized lines in one location and find the best solution for each organization
The 4 Serialization team has been cross-trained on all solution components, works on common issues such as serial number structures and will provide educational workshops and webinars to the industry. It will offer clients an enterprise strategy for compliance that can combine 2D- and RFID-enabled printed packaging, packaging execution systems, distribution execution systems and ePedigree solutions that can integrate into existing ERP and enterprise applications.