DEA suspends Class 1 Cardinal Health facility; GSK earmarks $64M for Australian expansion;

@FiercePharma: Could be big if it actually ends up working. RT @FierceMedDev: Depression diagnostic passes initial trial. Story | Follow @FiercePharma

> The Drug Enforcement Administration suspended the work at a Cardinal Health facility in Lakeland, FL, which deals with controlled substances, on allegations that some filled prescriptions were not written for legitimate medical reasons, the company said. Report

> GlaxoSmithKline ($GSK) plans to invest A$60 million ($64 million) into an expansion of its manufacturing and R&D operations in Victoria, Australia, creating 58 new jobs by 2017. More

> Shanghai Pharmaceuticals said it would buy a 70% stake in Changzhou Kony Pharm now, and the remaining 30% over the next two years, to boost its presence in active pharmaceutical ingredients. Release

> Valeant ($VRX) wrapped up the divestiture of several generic skin products to Mylan ($MYL), as required by the Federal Trade Commission as a condition of its purchase of Sanofi's ($SNY) dermatology business Dermik. Report

> Novartis ($NVS), which now owns the eye-care company Alcon, is sponsoring a program to improve ophthalmology in the U.K. via medical education, training and support. Story

> Questcor Pharmaceuticals reported street-beating fourth-quarter sales of $75 million, thanks to strong sales of its drug Acthar. Report

Biotech News

@FierceBiotech: Will $1B cancer IP theft suit trigger tighter vigilance on researchers' work? Article  | Follow @FierceBiotech

@JohnCFierce: So does BioLineRx see itself as a hep C co. now that it has in-licensed a 2nd program, or is this about share price? Release | Follow @JohnCFierce

@FierceMedDev: DNA-sequencing penetrates Norway's healthcare system. Story | Follow @FierceMedDev

@MarkHFierce: Dudes, eat lots of walnuts and your prostate cancer risk may shrink. It worked in mice, at least... More | Follow @MarkHFierce

> PhRMA's COPD pipeline report spotlights blockbuster hopefuls. Report

> Sanofi chief can't spark much enthusiasm for new MS drugs. More

> Merck steers top drug prospect to an NDA, analysts ponder R&D weakness. Article

> Amgen's Xgeva faces FDA skepticism. Item

Medical Device News

> Apollo Endosurgery secures $47.6M to launch surgical tools. News

> GAO report finds some hospitals paying more for devices. Report

> Smith & Nephew, Kensey Nash impress with earnings announcements. Article

> DNA-sequencing penetrates Norway's healthcare system. Story

> ALung scores $10M in Series B. News

IT News

> Researchers create software-based 3-D genome map. Story

> Supercomputing supports genetic, cancer research in Arizona. Article

> Median Technologies, Sanofi sign medical imaging deal. News

> Norway's sequencing project will need major IT infrastructure. More

> Oracle announces new round of projects in IT, clinical trials. Piece

And Finally... Long-term therapy with aspirin or warfarin delivered similar results in heart failure patients with normal heart rhythms, a study found. Report

Suggested Articles

Saturday, AstraZeneca revealed more of the data that convinced the FDA to green-light Calquence in previously untreated chronic lymphocytic leukemia.

The efficacy between Keytruda and FerGene's nadofaragene firadenovec look comparable in their studies, though Merck has at least one upper hand.

Thursday, the FDA approved the first three generic versions of Gilenya, but they may not hit the market anytime soon due to ongoing litigation.