- Antipsychotics treatment market worth $24.2 bn
- Alzheimer's disease represents the main area of R&D interest
- Report provides comprehensive coverage of the global CNS market
LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Antipsychotics were the largest CNS drug class with $24.2bn sales, a 33.9% share of the market in 2010, according to a new report available on companiesandmarkets.com. Patent expirations of key brands Seroquel and Zyprexa will form the main resistors to segmental growth through 2016.
Imminent patent expiries for major brands have resulted in companies investigating new indications and re-formulation strategies to extend patents and safeguard revenue streams. Companies have also begun to manufacture and market generic versions of their products.
Of the indications in the CNS category, Alzheimer's disease (AD) represents the main area of R&D interest for pharmaceutical companies, with an estimated 288 compounds in various stages of development.
The CNS Market Outlook to 2016 report provides comprehensive coverage of the global CNS market, incorporating disease overview, epidemiological analyses of the major indications, and market dynamics. Resistors and drivers are examined along with the most promising areas of growth. Current leading CNS brands are assessed and five of the market's leading players are profiled.
- Assess the forecast epidemiology and development of the CNS disorders across the 7MM.
- Analyze the dynamics of the global CNS market and understand the impact of key R&D events, market trends, and issues.
- Gain up-to-date competitive intelligence and understand the major issues affecting key pharmaceutical marketers and product development.
- Predict revenues for major currently marketed and pipeline CNS products over from 2010 to 2016.
- Develop strategies for success in the future CNS market.
- What are the drivers and resistors of the CNS market worldwide?
- What market and pipeline developments are shaping the strategies of leading pharmaceutical companies in the CNS market?
- What is the forecast commercial potential of the most promising compounds in clinical development?
- Who were the leading players in the global CNS market in 2010?
Companies & Markets
London (UK): +44 (0) 203 086 8600
KEYWORDS: United Kingdom Europe
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Pharmaceutical Medical Supplies