M&A plummeted in 2022 compared to the previous year. But some medtech companies were still able to pull off multibillion-dollar megadeals. We tracked it all on Fierce Medtech’s list of the 10 biggest M&A moves in 2022. In this episode, we discuss some high points from the roundup.
To learn more about topics in this episode:
- The top 10 medtech M&A deals of 2022
- Acquisitive Pfizer to strike again? Seagen back in M&A talks after Merck walked away: WSJ
- Eli Lilly slashes insulin prices by 70%, caps out-of-pocket costs in major access overhaul
- FDA hands first emergency authorization to over-the-counter test for both COVID and flu
- Sanofi, poised to rival Roche in hemophilia, nabs FDA approval for Altuviiio
- BioCryst hits another hurdle, delays trial for its one remaining clinical candidate
The Top Line is produced by senior multimedia producer Teresa Carey and managing editor Querida Anderson with editor-in-chief Ayla Ellison and senior editors Annalee Armstrong, Ben Adams, Conor Hale and Eric Sagonowsky. The sound engineer is Caleb Hodgson. The stories are by all our “Fierce” journalists. Like and subscribe wherever you listen to your podcasts.