DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/886118/trends_in_generics) has announced the addition of the "Trends in Generics Industry Ownership: Evaluating Changing Industry Paradigms and Emerging Players" report to their offering.
The generic drug market is growing strongly as health plan payers around the world continue to implement incentives for participants, pharmacists, doctors and others to use generic, rather than branded, medications. Facing rising patent expirations, pharmaceutical companies are diversifying into their own generics businesses, creating a vibrant market for generic drug company acquisitions as they seek to capture market share. At the same time, startups and other generic drug companies are attempting to expand, seeking capital through private investments, public offerings and other means; and government-run companies in China, Latin America and other regions are privatizing.
This is creating a vibrant environment of many different ownership structures, only some of which are well suited to the companies for which they are utilized. This report examines these ownership structures in the context of current and future industry trends, discussing current best practices through nine case studies and examining which ownership structures are most effective for which types of situations.
Key questions answered
- What will the size and growth of the total generic, offshore generic, emerging generic and Big Pharma generic markets be through 2014?
- Which companies are current and future key players?
- What kind of ownership structures will offshore generic, emerging generic and Big Pharma generic companies establish in the future?
- What are the benefits of each ownership structure for each type of generic drug company?
- What role will acquisitions play in ownership structure?
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive Summary
- Overview of the generic drug industry
- Offshore drug makers
- Emerging generic drug makers
- Big Pharma generic drug divisions
- Future generic drug industry ownership trends
- Chapter 1 Overview of the generic drug industry
- Chapter 2 Offshore generic drug manufacturers
- Chapter 3 Emerging generic drug makers
- Chapter 4 Big Pharma generic drug divisions
- Chapter 5 Future generic drug industry ownership trends
- Table of figures
- Table of tables
- Abbott Laboratories
- Biopartners GmbH
- Momenta Pharmaceuticals
- Phage Biotechnology
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/886118/trends_in_generics.
Source: Business Insights
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Pharmaceutical