DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/b5af46/schizophrenia_pi) has announced the addition of GlobalData's new report "Schizophrenia - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecast to 2017" to their offering.
Schizophrenia Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017 is an essential source of information and analysis on the global Schizophrenia market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global Schizophrenia market. The report also provides insights on the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to significantly alter the market positioning of the current market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights on the pipeline products within the global Schizophrenia sector. This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by The author's team of industry experts.
The authors estimated the global Schizophrenia market to be worth $6.7bn in 2009. The global Schizophrenia therapeutics market is forecast to decline with a negative CAGR of (3.7%) to reach $5.1bn by 2017. This decline in the market is primarily attributed to the release of generics of some of the leading products during 2011 to 2014. The therapeutic market for Schizophrenia declines form 2011 till mid 2014 due to the patent expiry of major marketed drugs such as Zyprexa, Abilify, Seroquel and Geodon. However in the late 2014 launch of few first in class molecules is expected which is likely to lower the impact of patent expiry. There is a huge unmet need in the current market in terms of safety and efficacy. Furthermore a low treatment seeking rate and low patient compliance rate will act as a barrier to market growth.
Schizophrenia Market is Forecast to Show Decline until 2017
The authors estimated the global schizophrenia market to be worth $6.7 billion in 2009. It is forecast to exhibit a negative compound annual growth rate of 3.7% for the next seven years, and is expected to reach $5.1 billion by 2017. This decline in the market is primarily attributed to the release of generics of some of the leading products during 2011 to 2014. The therapeutic market for schizophrenia will decline from 2011 until mid 2014 due to the patent expiry of major marketed drugs such as Zyprexa, Abilify, Seroquel and Geodon. However, in late 2014 the launch of some first-in-class molecules is expected, which is likely to lower the impact of patent expiry. There is a huge unmet need in the current market in terms of safety and efficacy. Furthermore, a low treatment-seeking rate and low patient compliance rate will act as a barrier to market growth.
The report provides information on the key drivers and challenges of the Schizophrenia market.
Its scope includes:
- Annualized global Schizophrenia market revenues data from 2001 to 2009, forecast for eight years to 2017.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across the different phases, mechanisms of action being developed and emerging trends. Pipeline candidates fall under major therapeutic classes such as Dopamine-serotonin receptor targetter, NMDA glutamate receptor blocker, Glycine transporter inhibitor, Cannabinoid receptor agonist and alpha-7 nicotinic receptor.
- Analysis of the current and future competition in the global Schizophrenia market. Key market players covered are Pfizer, GSK, J&J, Merck, Eli Lily and H. Lundbeck.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and the implications for the Schizophrenia therapeutics market.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability.
It will allow you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global Schizophrenia market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global Schizophrenia market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- Whats the next big thing in the global Schizophrenia market landscape? Identify, understand and capitalize.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Table of contents
2 Schizophrenia Therapeutics Market: Introduction
3 Schizophrenia Therapeutics Market: Market Characterization
4 Schizophrenia Market: Competitive Assessment
5 Schizophrenia Market: Pipeline Assessment
6 Schizophrenia Market: Implications for Future Market Competition
7 Schizophrenia Market: Future Players in the Schizophrenia Market
8 Schizophrenia Market: Appendix
- Merck & Co
- Pfizer Inc.
- H Lundbeck A/S
- Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma Co., Ltd.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/b5af46/schizophrenia_pi
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager,
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Mental Health Pharmaceutical