DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/d316c5/prescription_pharm) has announced the addition of the "Prescription Pharmaceutical Market Sales Overview - Analysis of prescription pharmaceutical sales across 12 major markets" report to their offering.
Prescription pharmaceutical sales in the world's major markets (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan, Australia, Brazil, Russia, China and India) totaled $555bn in 2009, having grown by 6.3% during 200809, and at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.6% between 2005 and 2009.
Analyzes the size and growth (in terms of volume and value) of the 12 major prescription pharmaceutical markets.
Examines the prescription pharmaceutical sales growth trends across the various different therapy areas.
Assesses the leading prescription pharmaceutical brands across the each of the 12 major pharma markets.
Profiles the leading multinational and domestic pharma companies operating in each of the 12 major pharma markets. The US prescription pharmaceutical market generated half (50.3%) of the sales of the 12 markets analyzed, with $279bn in 2009, with sales having grown by 5.0% (CAGR, 200509) and 5.5% (200809). However, future sales growth will be shaped by three key events: the US economic downturn, healthcare reform and the patent cliff. The five major European markets (UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain) generated sales of $143bn in 2009. However, ongoing austerity measures targeted at reducing healthcare expenditure, through driving up generic penetration as well as price cuts (on branded and generic drugs) will dampen growth going forward.
Growth in the emerging markets is driven by their rapidly growing economies and populations; expansion of healthcare systems and health insurance policies, increasing access to drugs; and the emergence of middle classes with disposable incomes, who are more likely to spend money on branded generics and branded pharmaceuticals.
Evaluate the evolving prescription pharmaceutical landscape and how this is set to impact Pharma out to 2015.
Quantify the size and growth of the 12 major pharmaceutical markets, analyzing key therapy areas, brands and companies.
Assess drivers and resistors of the prescription pharmaceutical market.
Key Topics Covered:
2. 12 MAJOR MARKETS PRESCRIPTION PHARMACEUTICAL SALES ANALYSIS
3. US PRESCRIPTION PHARMACEUTICAL SALES ANALYSIS
4. JAPAN PRESCRIPTION PHARMACEUTICAL SALES ANALYSIS
5. FRANCE PRESCRIPTION PHARMACEUTICAL SALES ANALYSIS
6. GERMANY PRESCRIPTION PHARMACEUTICAL SALES ANALYSIS
7. ITALY PRESCRIPTION PHARMACEUTICAL SALES ANALYSIS
8. SPAIN PRESCRIPTION PHARMACEUTICAL SALES ANALYSIS
9. UK PRESCRIPTION PHARMACEUTICAL SALES ANALYSISUK KEY FINDINGS
10. AUSTRALIA PRESCRIPTION PHARMACEUTICAL SALES ANALYSIS
11. BRAZIL PRESCRIPTION PHARMACEUTICAL SALES ANALYSIS
12. RUSSIA PRESCRIPTION PHARMACEUTICAL SALES ANALYSIS
13. INDIA PRESCRIPTION PHARMACEUTICAL SALES ANALYSIS
14. CHINA PRESCRIPTION PHARMACEUTICAL SALES ANALYSIS
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/d316c5/prescription_pharm
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Pharmaceutical