DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/f09ae2/generics_in_europe) has announced the addition of the "Generics in Europe" report to their offering.
Generics in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2006-10, and forecast to 2015). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market. Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Europe generics market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- For the purposes of this profile, a generic is defined as a copy of an ethical (prescription) drug formerly protected by patents that have now expired. Both unbranded generics and all branded generics are included. However, off-patent drugs that continue to be offered by the original manufacturer under the original name, and which form part of the 'generic-eligible' market, are not included.
- The market value is evaluated at ex-factory prices. Market volume is quantified here as the percentage of the total ethical pharmaceutical market volume in a country or region which is accounted for by generic drugs. It is therefore a generics penetration rate measure, not an absolute measure of market volume. All currency conversions were calculated at constant average annual 2010 exchange rates.
- The European generics market had total revenue of $38.1 billion in 2010, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.4% between 2006 and 2010.
- Percentage of generics share in total pharma market increased with a CAGR of 5.5% between 2006-2010, to reach 56.4% of total pharma market in 2010.
- The performance of the market is forecast to decelerate, with an anticipated CAGR of 5.2% for the five-year period 2010 - 2015, which is expected to drive the market to a value of $49 billion by the end of 2015.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/f09ae2/generics_in_europe
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Pharmaceutical