Introducing (drum roll, please) Wyeth's new management team. Prepping for his January inauguration, CEO-in-waiting Bernard Poussot (photo) has tapped a handful of current Wyeth-ites to fill top positions in the company. The new appointees fill positions vacated or soon-to-be vacated by retirees.
The lucky few:
- Joseph M. Mahady, 54, will take over as president of Wyeth Pharmaceuticals; he had been president of the pharma group's global business.
- Richard R. DeLuca, 45, will become president of Fort Dodge Animal Health. DeLuca has been an EVP of Finance and Administration at Fort Dodge, as well as CFO of that division.
- Cavan M. Redmond, 46, will take the reins of Wyeth Consumer Healthcare; he had been EVP and General Manager of Wyeth's BioPharma business.
- Denise Peppard, 50, will head up Wyeth's human resources operations as senior vice president.
Poussot talked to the Wall Street Journal today about the management shuffle, and in the process put a damper on speculation that his company is interested in Biogen Idec. "Wyeth has a very fast-expanding biotechnology business. So for now, we are pleased with that," he said.
- check out the release from Wyeth
- read this item in the Wall Street Journal's Health Blog
ALSO: Take a look at Wyeth's R&D pipeline. Report
Wyeth discloses new CEO's salary. Report
Wyeth names Poussot CEO. Report
AstraZeneca, Wyeth anoint new execs. Report
Wyeth stumbles badly trying to develop new drugs. Report