DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/765a1a/targeted_cancer_th) has announced the addition of Decision Resources, Inc.'s new report "Targeted Cancer Therapies: Novel Targets, Technologies, and Dealmaking" to their offering.
The current flurry of research into the development of new drugs against novel cancer targets is unprecedented. Many pharmaceutical and biotech companies, drawn by the sustained success of approved targeted cancer therapies such as Avastin, Herceptin, Gleevec, and Rituxan, are conducting exploratory and clinical research on new targets. The fruit of these programs could further revolutionize the field of oncology and advance the field of personalized medicine. The launch of novel, targeted therapies promises both to offer treatment for previously intractable diseases and to generate blockbuster sales.
Questions Answered in this Report
- The protein kinase superfamily is one of the most important classes of molecules for targeted drug therapy. Which kinase targets have yielded success so far? What novel kinase targets have the most potential? What compounds that target kinases have advanced into clinical development?
- Although kinases have dominated recent development programs for targeted cancer therapies, they are certainly not the only drug target of interest. What other types of targets have potential for cancer drug discovery? Which targets are showing the most promise? What drugs targeting these molecules are in clinical development?
- Biotech companies are a rich source of innovation for the identification of novel targets and the development of new cancer therapeutics. Which companies have contributed targeted cancer drugs to the development pipeline? Which companies have innovative technologies for drug target and lead identification? Which companies are attracting the interest of Big Pharma for acquisition or collaboration?
- Protein kinases as drug targets: Protein kinase function and types, signal transduction, receptor tyrosine kinases, nonreceptor tyrosine kinases, serine/threonine kinases, lipid kinases, multitargeted kinase inhibitors.
- Current therapeutic targets: Signal transduction pathways, angiogenesis, pathways regulating cellular proliferation, growth, survival, differentiation, Philadelphia chromosome, histone modification, the proteasome, immune cells.
- Novel targets: Signal transduction pathways, pathways regulating cellular proliferation, growth, survival, differentiation, cell division cycle, DNA repair, apoptotic pathways, molecular chaperones, development signaling pathways, angiogenesis, and vasculature.
- Featured innovative companies: Astex Therapeutics, Aveo Pharmaceuticals, Cyclacel, Exelixis, Santaris Pharma, partnering activities, M&As.
- Future of targeted therapies: Current and novel targets, promising programs, future innovation, the Cancer Genome Atlas, sequencing breast tumors.
- Comprehensive informational displays: 16 tables and figures illustrating mechanisms, competitors, and the targets they are exploring, sales, and dealmaking activity.
- Ardea Biosciences
- Ariad Pharmaceuticals
- Astex Therapeutics
- Aveo Pharmaceuticals
- Bayer Healthcare
- Bayer Schering
- Biogen Idec
- BiPar Sciences
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- + many more
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/765a1a/targeted_cancer_th
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager,
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Biotechnology Oncology Pharmaceutical