DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/297a92/rheumatoid_arthrit) has announced the addition of GlobalData's new report "Rheumatoid Arthritis - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017" to their offering.
Rheumatoid Arthritis - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017 is an essential source of information and analysis on the global rheumatoid arthritis (RA) market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global RA market. The report also provides insight into the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players likely to affect the market positioning of the existing market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insight into the pipeline products within the global RA sector.
Rheumatoid Arthritis Market is Forecast to Show Significant Growth until 2017
The authors forecast the global rheumatoid arthritis (RA) market to grow at 6% annually for the next seven years, to reach $14.3billion by 2017. It was estimated to be at $9 billion in 2009. This significant growth is primarily attributed to strong current treatment options as well as strong pipeline candidates. The growth will be further supported by high incidence and prevalence of the disease, with a growing aging population across seven major markets.
Competition in Rheumatoid Arthritis Market Continues to Become More Intense
According to the authors, Abbott, Amgen, Johnson & Johnson, Schering-Plough, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Biogen IDEC, and Wyeth (Pfizer) remain the leading competitors in the global RA market. Together, these companies accounted for 99% of the global market share in 2008. Abbott remained the market leader with a share of approximately 25%. However, companies like Pfizer, Roche, Biogen, Amgen and Mitsubishi Tanabe, with some of the most technologically advanced products in their pipeline portfolio, are expected to attract the most investor attention. The global RA market has seen some intense competition in recent times, which is expected to further intensify in the coming years.
Strong Pipeline Candidates are Expected to Intensify Future Competition
The authors found that there are 215 products in different stages of development. T-614 and CP-690550 are the key products in the pipeline. These are late-stage pipeline products with improved features such as reduced risk of gastric ulcers, better efficacy regardless of degree and length of illness, and ability to slow down joint damage with reduced side effects. They remain the most keenly-watched products that are in the pipeline stage and if successfully launched, these products are expected to meet patients expectations. They may also lead to an intensely competitive market landscape and the existing market leaders will have to be prepared to manage this dynamic, extremely competitive scenario.
- Annualized global rheumatoid arthritis market revenue data from 2001 to 2009, forecast forward for eight years to 2017.
- Geographies covered in this report include the US, the UK, Italy, Spain, Germany, France, and Japan.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across different phases, mechanism of action being developed and emerging trends. Key classes of mechanism of action includes Interleukin inhibitors, Kinase inhibitors, cytokine targetters, TNF targetters, C5a receptor antagonists, Cathepsin inhibitors, Histone deacetylase inhibitors (HDAC) inhibitors, Janus Kinase 3(JAK-3) inhibitors, CD4 inhibitors, p38 kinase inhibitors, Dihydrofolate Reductase inhibitors, cyclooxygenase (COX) inhibitors, Chemokine receptor antagonists, Glucocorticoid antagonists, Dihydroorotate dehydrogenase(DHODH) inhibitors, and combination therapies.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global rheumatoid arthritis market. Key market players covered are Pfizer Inc., Roche, Biogen Idec, Amgen Inc.,Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma, Almirall, AnaMar Medical, Array BioPharma, AstraZeneca, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Eli Lilly, KaloBios Pharma and GlaxoSmithKline
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and implications for future market associated with rheumatoid arthritis.
Reasons to buy:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global rheumatoid arthritis market.
- Drive revenues by understanding key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global rheumatoid arthritis market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolio and create effective counter-strategies to gain competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- Whats the next big thing in the global rheumatoid arthritis market landscape? - Identify, understand and capitalize.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Table of contents
2 Rheumatoid Arthritis Market: Introduction
3 Rheumatoid Arthritis: Market Characterization
4 Rheumatoid Arthritis Market: Competitive Assessment
5 Rheumatoid Arthritis Market: Pipeline Assessment
6 Rheumatoid Arthritis Market: Implications for Future Market Competition
7 Rheumatoid Arthritis Market: Future Players in Rheumatoid Arthritis Market
8 Rheumatoid Arthritis Market: Appendix
- Pfizer 38
- Biogen idec
- Mitsubishi Tanabe
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/297a92/rheumatoid_arthrit
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager,
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Pharmaceutical Other Health