DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/dfb09a/pipeline_insight) has announced the addition of the "Pipeline Insight: Cancer Overview - Breast and Gynecological Cancers - Promising agents emerge for BRCA positive patients" report to their offering.
The three tumor types covered in this report are set to account for just over 585,000 new cancer cases in 2010 with forecasts of over 656,000 new cases in 2019. Collectively the drugs profiled in this report for breast and ovarian cancer are forecast to achieve almost $3.0 billion in sales in the seven major pharmaceutical markets in 2019.
Scope of this research
- Examination of the breast and ovarian cancer pipelines with in-depth clinical and commercial profiles of Phase III candidates
- Seven major pharmaceutical market sales forecasts for Phase III pipeline products through to 2019 with product-specific assumptions
- Segmentation and analysis of the current breast and ovarian cancer pipelines by phase of development, drug class and company Insight and analysis of breast, ovarian and cervical cancer markets including commercial opportunity, epidemiology and discussion of unmet needs
Research and analysis highlights
- There are currently 94 drugs in clinical development for breast cancer, of which 8 are in late phase development (preregistration, Phase III or pivotal Phase II trial). Collectively, the drugs forecast in this report for breast cancer are forecast to achieve $1.1 billion in sales by 2019.
- There are currently 41 drugs in the pipeline for ovarian cancer, of which 10 are in late-phase development. Collectively, the drugs in late-phase development for ovarian cancer profiled in this report are forecast to achieve $1.8bn in sales by 2019.
- R&D interest in cervical cancer is limited compared with other cancers and as a result there is a lack of novel drug candidates in late-phase development. Despite poor outcomes and prognoses for late-stage patients, recent focus has been directed towards preventative strategies rather than treatment.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Identify key drugs within the breast and ovarian cancer pipelines based on sales forecasts and drug assessment
- Characterize unmet needs within breast, ovarian and cervical cancers and assess the potential for pipeline products to fulfill them
- Assess the shifting breast, ovarian and cervical cancer market dynamics and how future treatment will incorporate pipeline products
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1: Pipeline Overview and Dynamics
Chapter 2: R&D approach
Chapter 3: Epidemiology
Chapter 4: Market Overview: Breast Cancer
Chapter 5: Pipeline Analysis & Forecasts: Breast Cancer
Chapter 6: Market Overview: Ovarian Cancer
Chapter 7: Pipeline Analysis and Forecasts: Ovarian Cancer
Chapter 8: Market Overview: Cervical Cancer
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/dfb09a/pipeline_insight.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Clinical Trials Oncology Pharmaceutical Professional Services Other Professional Services