DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/98bc48/pharmaceutical_pri) has announced the addition of Decision Resources, Inc.'s new report "Pharmaceutical Pricing, Reimbursement, and Market Access News in the First Quarter of 2011" to their offering.
For the international pharmaceutical industry, 2011 began as 2010 ended, with governments in the United States, Europe, and Japan looking to cut costs in the short term and to restructure healthcare systems in the longer term. Politicians in the United States clashed over proposals for healthcare reform, while the European Union launched a consultation on drug pricing and reimbursement.
Questions answered in this report:
- Rival 2012 budget proposals from President Barack Obama and Republicans in the House of Representatives present very different visions of the future of healthcare in the United States. Which elements of these proposals will have the greatest impact on healthcare and the pharmaceutical industry? How are the Medicare and Medicaid programs under increasing pressure?
- The French government has recently reduced the 35% reimbursement rate to 30%. How many products are affected by this change? How significant are these drugs in the French pharmaceutical market? How much does the government hope to save by this measure?
- The implementation of Germany's new price-setting procedure has been delayed until the second half of 2011. What is the estimated timetable for the completion of each stage of the process? What data will manufacturers be required to submit? What criteria will be used to assess a drug's level of additional benefit?
- The Agenzia Italiana del Farmaco (AIFA; Italian Medicines Agency) recently completed a comparison of the prices of off-patent drugs in Italy with the prices of equivalent products in France, Germany, Spain, and the United Kingdom. For how many drugs has the agency cut reference prices? What is the average reduction in reference prices? What is the projected impact on the pharmaceutical market?
- The pharmaceutical industry in Spain reports that public pharmaceutical spending decreased by 2.4% in 2010 and is forecast to decrease by 4.7% in 2011. What recent measures have contributed to the contraction of the Spanish pharmaceutical market? How has reference pricing impacted the market in recent years, and how will it affect the market in the future?
- The pharmaceutical industry is generally supportive of the U.K. government's plans for the introduction of value-based pricing in the United Kingdom, but has significant reservations regarding some aspects of the proposals. What are drug manufacturers' main concerns about value-based pricing? What recommendations has the industry made to the government with regard to the organization of the value-based pricing system?
- AARP (formerly the American Association of Retired Persons)
- Agence Franaise de Scurit Sanitaire des Produits de Sant (AFSSAPS; French Agency for the Safety of Health Care Products)
- Agenzia Italiana del Farmaco (AIFA; Italian Medicines Agency)
- America's Health Plans
- Arzneimittelkommission der deutschen rzteschaft (Akd; Pharmaceutical Commission of the German Medical Profession)
- Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI)
- Associazione Nazionale Industrie Farmaci Generici (Assogenerici; National Association of the Generic Pharmaceutical Industry)
- British Medical Association
- Bundesinstitut fr Arzneimittel und Medizinprodukte (BfArM; Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices)
- + Many More
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA)
- Department of Defense and Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 (H.R.1473)
- EU Transparency Directive (89/105/EEC)
- Freedom of Information Act
- Gesetz zur Neuordnung des Arzneimittelmarktes (AMNOG; Pharmaceutical Market Restructuring Act)
- Health and Social Care Bill 2011
- Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010 (HCERA)
- Loi de Financement de la Scurit Sociale 2011 (LFSS; Social Security Finance Act 2011)
- Loi Hpital, Patients, Sant et Territoires (Hospital, Patients, Health, and Territories Act)
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA)
- Real Decreto Ley 4/2010 (Royal Decree Law 4/2010)
- Real Decreto Ley 8/2010 (Royal Decree Law 8/2010)
- Repealing the Job-Killing Health Care Law Act (H.R.2)
For more information and to view the table of contents please visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/98bc48/pharmaceutical_pri
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
KEYWORDS: United States Europe North America
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Pharmaceutical