DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bab4ec/the_obama_administ) has announced the addition of the "The Obama Administration and the Pharmaceutical Industry - Overview of the 2009 Recovery Act and the 2010 Federal Budget" report to their offering.
President Obama has made healthcare reform one of his administrations top priorities. Towards this goal, several billion dollars have been provided through the Recovery Act and 2010 Budget for initiatives that are intended to make the US healthcare system safer and more cost-effective.
- conducting comparative effectiveness research trials to help physicians and patients make more informed decisions at the point-of-care;
- adopting health information technologies, such as ePrescribing, telemedicine and electronic medical records (EMR);
- expanding Medicaid and strengthening Medicare by focusing on program integrity issues;
- promoting more affordable drug options by expediting the approval of generic drugs and opening the market to consumers who would like to buy drugs from neighboring countries.
Healthcare reforms like these are all going to have a significant impact on the pharmaceutical industry's bottom line. This report discusses the upcoming and proposed reforms in detail, and includes information on how these changes will impact the pharmaceutical industry in the US.
Reasons to Purchase
Use this report to:
- Learn how the Recovery Act of 2009 and the Fiscal Year 2010 Federal Budget will be used to enact change to the current US Healthcare System
- Understand the 4 key areas of focus for healthcare reform highlighted by the Obama Administration and their impact on the pharmaceutical industry
- Gain insights into how the pharmaceutical industry should approach the challenges that will ensue with comparative effectiveness research (CER)
- Understand the advantages and barriers to Health IT, as well as its impact on the pharmaceutical industry
- Find out how the current budget proposal could affect pharmaceutical drug pricing & project safety, along with changes to the government sponsored programs Medicare & Medicaid
- Benefit from our conclusions and future outlook to best support your understanding and key decisions around the potential changes to the pharmaceutical industry as a result of US healthcare reform
Key Topics Covered:
- The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 - Funding Highlights of Interest to the Pharmaceutical Industry
- The Fiscal Year 2010 Federal Budget - Funding Highlights of Interest to the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Comprehensive Reform of the US Healthcare System - Planned Healthcare System Reforms
Comparative Effectiveness Research
- Introduction to CER
- Implications and Impact on the Pharmaceutical Industry
- What Approach Should the Pharmaceutical Industry Take?
Health Information Technology (IT)
- Advantages to HIT Adoption
- Barriers to HIT Adoption
- Impact on the Pharmaceutical Industry
Drug Costs and Improved Medical Product Safety
- The Budget Proposal
Medicare and Medicaid
- Expand Coverage to Low Income Individuals
- Strengthen Medicare Part D Program Integrity
Outlook for the Pharmaceutical Industry
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bab4ec/the_obama_administ
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager,
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
KEYWORDS: United States North America
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Pharmaceutical Professional Services Other Professional Services