DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/f23632/nextgeneration_in) has announced the addition of Decision Resources, Inc.'s new report "Next-Generation Infectious Disease Vaccines: Novel Technologies and Opportunities" to their offering.
The worldwide market for vaccines against infectious diseases has more than doubled over 2005-2011. Sales of innovative vaccines, such as Pfizer's Prevnar and Merck's Gardasil, contributed to this robust growth. The development of new technologies, such as virus-like particles, recombinant vaccines, cellular expression systems, and DNA vaccines, is fueling the pharmaceutical industry's interest in the vaccine market and providing lucrative opportunities for companies with novel technologies and experimental candidates.
Questions answered in this report:
- The prophylactic vaccine market for infectious diseases has witnessed robust growth in recent years. How large is the current vaccine market? How much will this market grow through 2016? What factors will drive this market growth?
- Many infectious diseases lack effective prophylactic vaccines, and the industry faces a variety of challenges in vaccine design and production. What novel technologies hold the most promise for vaccine development? Which new treatment strategies are being pursued, and which are the most advanced?
- Adjuvants and delivery methods are key technologies for the success of future vaccines. What types of novel adjuvants and delivery methods are under investigation? What companies are leading the development of these programs?
- The current market landscape offers innovative biotech companies with novel development programs significant commercial opportunities. Which biotech companies have developed innovative approaches to drug discovery and development? How far have these programs advanced?
- Pharmaceutical companies can gain access to new technologies and vaccine candidates through partnerships and M&As. Which pharmaceutical companies have formed major alliances with or acquired biotech companies? Which novel strategies are drawing the interest of Big Pharma?
- Government and nonprofit institutions play a role in vaccine development in both industrialized and developing markets. How are governments and nonprofits funding innovative vaccine development projects? Which institutions are involved in creating novel funding mechanisms?
Scope of the report:
- Introduction to the vaccine market: market size, market growth, market drivers, product sales, unmet needs.
- Current technologies: antiviral vaccines, bacterial vaccines, vaccine types, methods of production.
- Primary data: select data from a February 2011 survey of 35 U.S. infectious disease specialists, 35 U.S. primary care physicians, and 35 U.S. pediatricians.
- Cell-based methods for influenza vaccines: cell types, companies involved, clinical and regulatory progress.
- Innovative vaccine technologies: virus-like particles, baculovirus/insect cell expression systems, DNA vaccines, recombinant viral vectors, universal vaccines, synthetic genome technology.
- Adjuvant technologies: approved adjuvants, toll-like receptor agonists, saponins.
- Emerging alternative delivery systems: transdermal vaccine patches, electroporation, nanoparticle technology.
- Innovative companies: DynaVax Technologies, Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Protein Sciences, Novavax, VaxInnate, Vical.
- Outlook for vaccines: market expansion, emerging markets, partnering and M&A, government and nonprofit involvement, safety challenges.
- Displays: ten data-rich tables and figures highlighting company activity and physician insight.
Key Topics Covered:
Executive Summary Introduction to the Vaccine Market Current Technologies Cell-Based Methods for Producing Influenza Vaccines Innovative Vaccine Technologies
Adjuvant Technologies Emerging Alternative Delivery Systems Company Profiles Outlook About the Author
Companies Mentioned: To view the full list of companies and to purchase this extensive report, click the link below.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/f23632/nextgeneration_in.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Pharmaceutical