DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/1c9d50/impact_of_patent_e) has announced the addition of the "Impact of Patent Expiry on Global Generic Drugs Market - Trends, Opportunities and Challenges Post 2011 " report to their offering.
Fueled by ageing populations, growing numbers of patent expirations and government cost-cutting measures, the global generic drugs market continues to grow. In 2010, sales of generic drugs worldwide is estimated at almost US$170 billion; a CAGR of 9.7% in last five years. It is well known that key patents of multi-billion dollar brand drugs are set to expire within the next few years. The loss of over 200,000 pharmaceutical jobs over the past three years has been mainly driven by the anticipated loss of revenue from blockbuster drugs that will lose patent protection by 2013. Consistent with trends of the past several years, the next five years are expected to reflect a significant imbalance between new product introductions and patent losses. This is the primary factor limiting global pharmaceutical market growth to the mid-single digits through 2013.
Over the next five years, products that currently generate an unprecedented $137 billion in sales are expected to face generic competition. Report Coverage and Highlights
- Detailed analysis of the global pharmaceutical industry with historic sales trends and forecast for future growth of the overall market.
- Key generic drugs markets - United States, Europe and Japan - are discussed with analysis of current and future market sizing and key regulations that govern the generic drugs in each of these markets.
- Report provides information on the opportunities that will be presented as a result of patent expiration in all the major markets.
- Finally, a detailed analysis of the competition in generics market is presented with detailed profiles of leading generic drug manufacturers.
- Apotex Inc
- Bayer AG
- Daiichi Sankyo
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Limited
- Hospira Inc.
- Mylan Inc
- Novartis AG
- Sanofi SA
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries
- Watson Pharmaceuticals
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/1c9d50/impact_of_patent_e.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager,
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
KEYWORDS: United States North America
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Pharmaceutical