DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/9b997e/the_future_of_euro) has announced the addition of the "The Future of European Pharmaceutical Distribution: The Impact of DTP on Manufacturers and Wholesalers" report to their offering.
Following developments in the UK, it was expected that direct-to-pharmacy distribution models would be introduced in other major European markets.
Reducing the number of wholesalers helps to reduce internal costs for manufacturers, and by dealing only with a few wholesalers may create more manageable business relationships
To date, pharmaceutical manufacturers have managed to drive the changes to suit their interests. However, the establishment of new relationships with select wholesalers will lead to a new type of distributor, which will expand their portfolio of business interests across Europe.
The Future of Pharmaceutical Distribution in Europe - The impact of DTP on manufacturers and wholesalers from URCH Publishing, is a market report that comprehensively reviews the business of medicines distribution in Europe.
Key features of the report include:
- Over 10 case studies including these companies, Alliance Boots, AstraZeneca, Celesio, PharmacyChecker.com and Sanofi-Aventis
- Unbiased synopsis of the Office of Fair Trading's (OFT) report into the UK's pharmaceutical supply chain
- Overview of the European pharmaceutical supply chain and the stakeholders involved in medicines distribution
- Insight into the aggressive Pan-European expansion strategies of some wholesalers
- Overview moves by manufacturers and authorities to reduce the problem of counterfeit medicines and the challenge of creating a Europe-wide response.
- Alliance Boots
- Associazione Distributori Farmaceutici
- Chambre Syndicale de la Rpartition Pharmaceutique (CSRP)
- Der Bundesverband des pharmazeutischen Grohandels (PHAGRO)
- Groupement International de la Rpartition Pharmaceutique (GIRP)
- Independent Pharmacy Federation (IPF)
- Les Entreprises du Mdicament (LEEM)
- Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
- Napp Pharmaceuticals
- Phoenix Group
- Polska Grupa Farmaceutyczna
- The British Association of Pharmaceutical Wholesalers (BAPW)
- Unione Farmaceutica
- Voigt AG
- World Health Organization (WHO)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/9b997e/the_future_of_euro
Source: Spectra Intelligence
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager,
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Pharmaceutical