DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/b79221/formulary_forum_f) has announced the addition of Decision Resources, Inc.'s new report "Formulary Forum: Formulary Advantages in Hypertension" to their offering.
Formulary Advantages in Hypertension: Past and Future Shifts in Tier Placement of Angiotensin II Receptor Antagonists, Single Pill Fixed-Dose Combinations and Novel Agents
Critical Insight for the Managed Care Marketer
Gaining favorable reimbursement for your product is a critical competitive advantage for any brand. Until now, however, there has been no single source for identifying the trends in formulary positioning of competing agents, understanding why those trends have been taking place and predicting what changes lay ahead for brand positioning in the face of both patent expiries and new drug launches. Formulary Forum fills this void, giving you not only the best data available on how each brand is positioned in the payer space, but also the insight as to why each brand is placed where it is and how coverage will change as brands enter or exit the market.
Formulary Forums Unique Data Sources
Longitudinal changes in national formulary positioning by brand:
Historical formulary data from the past 12 months is provided by Fingertip Formulary, which maintains the highest quality and most comprehensive, integrated, database of formulary information in the United States. Fingertip Formularys proprietary database includes formulary data (tiering, restrictions and copays) from commercial health plans, Medicaid, Medicare Part D, as well as pharmacy benefi t managers (PBMs) and others.
Reasons for past formulary changes, and expected changes in coming year:
We surveyed 50 pharmacy directors of health plans with more than 50,000 lives to have them explain what events triggered movement of key brands within their formulary, as well as well as what moves they expected to make in formulary structure as new brands enter or exit the market over the next few years. Our respondent demographics represent each key type of managed care organization.
Typical payer respondents include:
National: Aetna, Cigna, Coventry Health Care, Kaiser Permanente, The Regence Group, WellPoint and others.
Regional: Health Net Northeast, Empire BlueCross BlueShield, and others.
Single-state: Maryland Care, Inc., Mount Auburn Cambridge Independent Practice Association, Mercy Health Plans (Sisters of Mercy Health System) and others.
Questions Answered in this Report:
Changes from 2008 to 2009 in Brand Positioning
- Over the last four quarters, how far have Tekturna, Exforge and Azor penetrated U.S. formularies to gain preferred status?
- Which brands have suffered from these gains?
- What contracting events or clinical data releases drove pharmacy directors to make these changes over the past year?
- What value do surveyed pharmacy directors place on fixed-dose combinations compared to individual agents?
Tier Placement and Restrictions in Formularies
- How do formulary restrictions vary between drug classes and time on the market?
- Which brands are most subject to step restrictions versus prior authorization restrictions?
- Quarterly data (Q1 08 Q1 09) from Fingertip Formulary on the percentage of U.S. health plans that have placed key brands on Tier 2.
- Quarterly data (Q1 08 Q1 09) from Fingertip Formulary on the percentage of U.S. covered lives with access to key brands on Tier 2.
- National percentages of plans and covered lives for which key brands have restrictions (step therapy, prior authorization, quantity limits) to use.
Pharmacy Director Insight
- Survey results from 50 pharmacy directors who control national, regional and state-level MCOs.
- Survey answers are shown at an aggregate level, and where applicable, are segmented by type of plan to illustrate variances in strategy by size of plan.
- Survey data is graphed in large format, with data tables accessible underneath for easy export of data to other applications.
Presentation and Service
- PowerPoint formatted report allows easy visualization of data, and fast incorporation of material into your own presentations.
- Analysts available to answer questions about report contents, methodology and data sources.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Key Findings
2. Data Sources and Methodology
3. Market Overview
4. Current Tier Placement and Restrictions
5. Differences in Coverage by Size of Health Plan
6. Reported Shifts in Coverage Over the Past Year
7. Quarterly Shifts in Tier Placement
8. Quarterly Shifts in Prior Authorization and Step Therapy Restrictions
9. Approvals Process and Expected Changes in Coverage
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/b79221/formulary_forum_f
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager,
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Pharmaceutical