DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/11f9e1/forecast_insight) has announced the addition of the "Forecast Insight: Antidyslipidemics - Crestor drives growth before the Lipitor patent cliff hits" report to their offering.
The antidyslipidemic market is approaching further genericization when in 2011, leading statin brand Lipitor will lose patent exclusivity and trigger decline of the entire market value. Clinical trials continue to produce an evidence base that justifies the dominant position held by statins and extends their reach into further indications.
- Analysis of revenue and volume sales of antidyslipidemic drug classes in the seven major markets
- Assess the impact of key patent expiries, such as Pfizer's Lipitor
- Forecast antidyslipidemic revenue and volume sales including performance of developmental agents and understand barriers to their uptake
- Understand the impact of clinical trials such as JUPITER on market dynamics and consider the epidemiologic trends in dyslipidemia
Highlights of this title
A rise in value of the antidyslipidemic market from 2008 to 2009 has been driven by acceleration in Crestor sales following the positive results from the JUPITER trial which led to the approval of Crestor in a new preventative indication.
Although past peak sales, Lipitor, the gold standard therapy and highest selling brand commanded 40% of antidyslipidemic revenues in 2009. This will change dramatically after the loss of its patent protection reducing Lipitor's market share to 9% by 2019, taking a large amount of the market's value with it.
Vytorin sales are down 29% from their 2007 peak after being sent into decline following the results of the ENHANCE and SEAS trials. Whilst sales growth of Zetia has been curbed by the same results, significant challenges remain for dyslipidemia therapies outside the statin class.
Key reasons to purchase this title
- Quantify and qualify antidyslipidemic sales in each of the seven major markets for 20062019
- Examine the future performance of leading antidyslipidemic brands and the growth of generics
- Understand the commercial landscape and challenges faced by pipeline agents
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/11f9e1/forecast_insight
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager,
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Clinical Trials Pharmaceutical