DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/a3c36b/commercial_insight) has announced the addition of the "Commercial Insight: Multiple Sclerosis - Next Generation Therapies Signal the Start of a New Era" report to their offering.
With FDA advisory board support for Gilenia (fingolimod), Novartis will move ahead of Merck Serono's oral cladribine in the race to become the first oral multiple sclerosis therapy. Although growth will be stifled by biosimilars, these new product launches will see the multiple sclerosis market grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.3% over the next 10 years (20092019).
- In-depth analysis of the current and future multiple sclerosis therapies across the US, Japan, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK.
- Country-specific total brand sales forecasts for key products, biosimilars and pipeline agents across the seven major markets to 2019.
- Assessment of the commercial opportunities and threats present in the multiple sclerosis market, with analysis of trends in emerging markets.
- Evaluation of the strategies of leading players in the multiple sclerosis disease market.
Highlights of this title
Datamonitor expects Novartis's Gilenia (fingolimod) to launch at the end of 2010 as a first-line therapy, while Merck Serono's oral cladribine is anticipated to launch at the start of 2011. These drugs offer improved efficacy and a less invasive method of administration than current treatments.
Datamonitor expects entry of biosimilar drugs from 2014. The introduction of cost competition will force current market players to cease raising the price of their drugs above the norm; a strategy that has helped them to substantially increase revenues in recent years.
Novartis is set to usurp Biogen Idec and become the market leading player by the end of the forecast period in 2019. In addition to Gilenia and Extavia (interferon beta 1b), Novartis is developing two multiple sclerosis candidates; PI-230 (Phase I) and BAF312 (Phase II), illustrating its commitment to growing its presence in the marketplace
Key reasons to purchase this title
- Quantify the current and future size of the multiple sclerosis drug class market and understand the main commercial opportunities and threats
- Assess key marketed and pipeline drugs, including new oral agents, Acorda's Ampyra (dalfampridine) and GW Pharmaceuticals' Sativex (nabiximols).
- Understand the country-specific impact of key events in the multiple sclerosis market during the forecast period 2010 to 2019.
Key Topics Covered:
1. MARKET DEFINITION
2. MARKET OVERVIEW
3. BRAND DYNAMICS
4. KEY DEVELOPERS
5. CASE STUDIES
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/a3c36b/commercial_insight
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager,
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Clinical Trials Pharmaceutical Other Health