DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4b4c71/commercial_insight) has announced the addition of the "Commercial Insight: Cytotoxic Therapies - Drug launches in rare indications to offset the decline in cytotoxic sales" report to their offering.
Growth of cytotoxics will remain static over the forecast period with a CAGR of -0.1%. Several blockbuster products are due to undergo patent expiry over the forecast period and the loss of their branded sales will negatively impact on the growth of this market. But the launch of a number of drugs in rare indications will stabilize growth in this market and offset its decline from generic entry.
- In-depth analysis of the current and future cytotoxic therapies market across the US, 5EU and Japan, plus a rest of world snapshot
- Cytotoxic therapy sales forecasts for brands and generics from 2009 to 2019
- Assessment of the leading cancer brands and drug classes to identify key success factors within this sector
- Assess the strategies of the leading companies in the cytotoxics market
Highlights of this title
- Sales of cytotoxic drugs are forecast to decline in the seven major markets from $14 billion in 2009 to $13.9 billion by 2019, at a CAGR of -0.1%. The launch of Dacogen (decitabine; Eisai/Johnson & Johnson) and Vidaza (azacitidine; Celgene) in the 5EU and Japanese markets will slow down the decline in cytotoxic sales over the forecast period.
- In 2009, Taxotere (docetaxel; Sanofi-Aventis), Eloxatin (oxaliplatin; Sanofi-Aventis) and Alimta (pemetrexed; Eli Lilly) were the top three cytotoxics, with sales over $1 billion. Alimta will remain among the top three brands in 2019, along with Dacogen and Vidaza.
- The keys events to impact the cytotoxics market in the forecast period involve new drug launches, approvals into new indications and patent expiries. Several products with annual sales of over $1 billion are due to undergo patent expiry over the forecast period, however, new drug launches in rarer indications will compensate for this loss of sales.
Key reasons to purchase this title
- Quantify the performance of each of the marketed cytotoxic therapy cancer brands in the seven major markets over the period 2009 to 2019
- Acquire a detailed account of cytotoxic therapy cancer brand dynamics and the events that drive and limit their market growth
- Benchmark the cytotoxic therapy cancer brands against their generics and rest of class and align their 7MM performance with a rest of world snapshot
Key Topics Covered:
1. MARKET DEFINITION
2. MARKET OVERVIEW
3. BRAND DYNAMICS
4. KEY DEVELOPERS
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4b4c71/commercial_insight
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager,
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
KEYWORDS: United States North America New York
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Pharmaceutical