DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/b51fa5/the_asthma_copd) has announced the addition of the "The Asthma, COPD & Allergic Rhinitis Market Outlook to 2015" report to their offering.
Global sales of asthma, COPD and allergic rhinitis drugs are expected to decline from $46bn in 2009 to $43bn in 2015, due to patent expiries on leading brands: seretide and singulair. The respiratory market is dominated by asthma, COPD and allergic rhinitis drugs. This report presents leading products, developments and market forecasts for each of these indications. Asthma is attracting the greatest development activity. Ten recently launched and pipeline products are examined in detail.
Scope of this research
- Analyze the franchises of top players in the asthma, COPD and allergic rhinitis markets, and assess current competitive positioning.
- Assess key pipeline products by indication, ongoing trials, recent product launches and key developments in R&D.
- Identify the challenges confronted by leading players, and understand how recent events impact the performance of leading products.
- Forecast sales by drug class and indication to 2015.
- Evaluate leading brands in the respiratory market.
Research and analysis highlights
The global respiratory market was valued at $58.4bn in 2009, with Y-o-Y growth of 5.4%. Growth in the respiratory market was driven primarily by strong sales performance of anti-asthma and COPD drugs, which comprised around $33.6bn of the total respiratory market. Allergic rhinitis was the second largest segment in 2009 ($12.6bn).
Existing therapies for respiratory disorders can be broadly divided inhaled corticoids (which reduce inflammation) and bronchodilators. Recent innovations have brought fixed dose combination (corticoids and bronchodilation) of three major blockbusters: GSKs Advair, AstraZenecas Symbicort and Boehringer-Ingelheims Combivent.
Of respiratory indications, asthma represents the main area of R&D interest for pharmaceutical companies, with an estimated 300 compounds in various stages of development. The COPD and allergic rhinitis pipelines are of lesser strength, comprising around 140 products.
Key Topics Covered:
- Chapter 1 Overview and epidemiology of respiratory disorders
- Chapter 2 Global market analysis
- Chapter 3 Pipeline analysis
- Chapter 4 Competitive landscape
- Table of figures
- Table of tables
- Merck & Co
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/b51fa5/the_asthma_copd
Source: Business Insights
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager,
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Pharmaceutical