DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/e5d7cc/antiinfective_dru) has announced the addition of the "Anti-Infective Drugs Markets" report to their offering.
Six infectious diseases - pneumonia, tuberculosis, diarrheal diseases, malaria, measles and HIV/AIDS - account for half of all premature deaths worldwide, killing mostly children and young adults, according to the World Health Organization (WHO). Moreover, threatening pandemics such as swine flu (H1N1 influenza A virus) are adding significant pressure to already strained healthcare budgets of governments around the world.
This report analyzes the anti-infective drugs market and highlights the existing and developing anti-infectives used to ameliorate infectious diseases' afflictions on humankind. Anti-infective drugs include: anti-viral therapeutics, antibiotics, anti-fungal agents and prophylactic treatments such as vaccines. Particular attention is paid to the clinical market segment and the pharmaceutical/biotechnology companies involved in anti-infective drugs with specific emphasis on each company's sales focus, product portfolio and R&D pipeline.
To date, the most successful anti-infective drugs target the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV, the virus that causes AIDS), the herpes virus (HSV-1 and HSV-2), bacterial infections and hepatitis C (HCV). A number of exciting novel anti-viral and antibiotic compounds are currently revolutionizing anti-infective drugs markets, including Truvada and Valtrex, which are anti-HIV and anti-herpes therapies, respectively. Significant resources are also being dedicated toward hepatitis A (HAV), hepatitis B (HBV) and Staph infections, including MRSA.
What's more, this study will examine the existing and developing anti-infective drugs targeted at infectious diseases that continue to devastate developing countries, including: cholera, dengue fever, meningitis, rotavirus, typhoid and yellow fever.
Key Topics Covered:
- Clinical Syndromes and Therapy
- Anti-Infective Drugs Market
- Description of Anti-Infective Therapeutic Agents
- Market for Anti-Infective Drugs and Vaccines
- Decision-making Activity in the Anti-Infective Drugs Market
- Economics of Anti-Microbial Drug Resistance: The Persistent Need for Anti-Bacterials
- Global Market Analysis of Anti-Infective Drugs
- Global Market for Anti-Bacterial Therapies
- Global Market for Anti-Fungal Therapies
- Global Market for Anti-Viral Therapies
- Market, Demographic and Economic Trends
- Political/Legal Trends
- Technological Trends
- Socio-Cultural Trends
- Competitive Landscape
- Sales Performance amongst the Leading Players: Detailed Analysis of Leading Anti-Infective Players
- Company Profiles
- Adlyfe, Inc.
- Advanced Life Sciences Holdings, Inc.
- Affinium Pharmaceuticals
- APP Pharmaceuticals
- Aquapharm Biodiscovery
- Basilea Pharmaceutica AG
- Biophage Pharma, Inc.
- CEL-SCI Corporation
- Cerexa, Inc. (Subsidiary of Forest Laboratories)
- Daiichi Sankyo Co., Ltd.
- Hospira, Inc.
- Incyte Corporation
- Idenix Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Medivir AB
- NanoBio Corporation
- Nanosphere, Inc.
- Novabay Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Obetech, LLC
- Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Panacos Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Paratek Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Pharmasset, Inc.
- Ribomed Biotechnologies, Inc.
- Rib-X Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Targanta Therapeutics Corporation, Inc. (Acquired by The Medicine Company)
- Trius Therapeutics
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- X-GEN Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/e5d7cc/antiinfective_dru
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Infectious Diseases Pharmaceutical