DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/87d823/a_decision_support) has announced the addition of the "A Decision Support Tool for Optimizing The Colorectal Cancer Pipeline: From Research and Development to Market" report to their offering.
This report comprises defined and up to date development strategies for 347 colorectal cancer drugs within the portfolio of 182 companies, from Ceased to Marketed. The report extensively analyses their 210 identified drug targets, organized into 205 drug target strategies, and assesses them in eight different compound strategies in colorectal cancer. BioSeeker has applied its unique drug assessment methodology to stratify the colorectal cancer pipeline and discern the level of competition in fine detail.
Major Findings from this report:
- The identified competitive landscape of colorectal cancer drugs is split between the 45% which have unique drug target strategies and the other part which have head-to-head target competing colorectal cancer drugs in 49 different clusters. The latter has a competing ratio which is more than two times higher than the comparable average of the colorectal cancer drugs in general. Contributing to this fact is heavily utilized drug target strategies like: TOP1, TYMS, CEACAM5, EGFR and TUBB.
- Nine out of ten drug target strategies in Phase II development are new to colorectal cancer drugs and at the same time the greatest numbers of new target strategies are found in Phase II (37%) and Phase I development (21%).
- Small molecules, antibodies and proteins are the dominating compound strategies of colorectal cancer drugs, which represent four fifths of the entire pipeline. Cell therapy based colorectal cancer drugs has the lowest representation of defined target strategy portfolio compared to that of other compound strategies of colorectal cancer drugs.
- The highest number of described drug target strategies of colorectal cancer drugs belongs to Pfizer, Novartis, Hoffmann-La Roche, Eli Lilly and Amgen.
The report is written for you to understand and assess the impact of competitor entry and corresponding changes to development strategies for your own portfolio products. It helps teams to maximize molecule value by selecting optimal development plans and manage risk and uncertainty. The report serves as an external commercial advocate for pharmaceutical companies' pipeline and portfolio planning (PPP) in cancer by:
- Providing you with competitive input to the R&D organization to guide development of early product ideas and ensure efforts are aligned with business objectives
- Assisting you to make informed decisions in selecting cancer indications that are known to be appropriate for your drug's properties
- Analyzing, correlating and integrating valuable data sources in order to provide accurate data for valuation of pipeline, in-licensing and new business opportunities
- Providing you with commercial analytic support for due diligence on in-licensing and acquisition opportunities
- Supporting development of integrative molecule, pathway and disease area strategies
- Integrating knowledge for you to consider the therapeutic target for the highest therapeutic outcome and return on investment
This report provides systems, analytical and strategic support both internally to PPP and to stakeholders across your own organization. The report will also be an important part of creating and implementing a market development plan for any colorectal cancer drug to ensure that the optimal market conditions exist by the time the product is commercialized.
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive Summary
- About Cancer Highlights
- Cancer Highlights' Five Pillar Drug Assessment
- Consider the Therapeutic Target Among Colorectal Cancer Drugs for the Highest Therapeutic Outcome and Return on Investment
- Emerging New Products to Established Ones: Drug Target Strategies of Colorectal Cancer Drugs by their Highest Stage of Development
- Compound Strategies at Work: Competitive Benchmarking of Colorectal Cancer Drugs by Compound Strategy
- Pipeline and Portfolio Planning: Competitive Benchmarking of the Colorectal Cancer Drug Pipeline by Investigator
- Drug Index
- Company Index
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
183 Companies Mentioned - Some include:
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Cylene Pharmaceuticals
- Eli Lilly
- Enkam Pharmaceuticals
- Heidelberg Pharma
- Hoffmann-La Roche
- Ivy Medical Chemicals
- Johnson & Johnson
- Kyowa Hakko Kirin
- Lorus Therapeutics
- Merck & Co
- Nippon Kayaku
- Nycomed Pharma
- OncoGenex Pharmaceuticals
- Oxford BioMedica
- Simcere Pharmaceuticals
- Trion Pharma
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- Yakult Honsha
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/87d823/a_decision_support
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager,
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Oncology Pharmaceutical