Pfizer nabs European nod for Bosulif; Eisai looks to Mexico for Belviq approval

 @FiercePharma: Lilly works up $180M addition to Indy insulin manufacturing + $80M in other projects. PR hints at city tax incentives: Release | Follow @FiercePharma

 @EricPFierce: Recalls by Hospira encourage other players to jump into sterile injectable drug manufacturing. More | Follow @EricPFierce

> Pfizer ($PFE) won conditional E.U. approval for its new leukemia drug Bosulif, approved by FDA in September. Report

> Eisai submitted an application for Mexican approval for its weight-loss drug Belviq, developed by Arena Pharmaceuticals. More

> The U.S. Chamber of Commerce said it was disappointed in India's Supreme Court ruling against Novartis ($NVS) in a much-watched patent case, adding that investment in R&D could suffer. Story

> Russia's Sistema conglomerate said its stake in Binnopharm dropped to 74% as the unit merged with Alium; Zenitko Finance Management now holds the remaining 26%. Item

> The FDA loosened restrictions on over-the-counter nicotine products, including patches and gum, to allow use for longer than 12 weeks. Report

> AmerisourceBergen plans to sell its packaging business for $308 million. News

Medical Device News

 @FierceMedDev: Seventh Sense revs up crucial trial for microneedle blood collector. More | Follow @FierceMedDev

 @MarkHFierce: The NYT has come out against not just a device tax repeal, but industry lobbying efforts to make their case. Story | Follow @MarkHFierce

 @DamianFierce: AbioMed is studying a next-gen Impella pump targeting FDA approval. Article |& Follow @DamianFierce

> Apollo Endosurgery wins first EU approval. Article

> Life Tech looks to expand cancer, DNA testing presence. Story

> Singapore crew tests Dx for new intestinal lymphoma. More

Biotech News

 @FierceBiotech: Karolinska portfolio biotech Axelar says PhII lung cancer drug on promising track. More | Follow @FierceBiotech

 @JohnCFierce: Clavis' Olav Hellebo says co. could be sold or shut down, but it's all down to liquidation value now. More | Follow @JohnCFierce

 @RyanMFierce: Immunomedics won an $18M settlement from BoA, now it could use an R&D win with those cancer programs. WSJ Article | Follow @RyanMFierce

> Obama seeks revolutionary brain discoveries on a budget. Story

> Analysis: No quick fix in sight for AstraZeneca's PhIII woes. More

> PolyMedix defaults and hands over a PhII antibiotic to bankruptcy court. News

Biotech Research News

 @EmilyMFierce: Waiting for details today on Obama's $100M brain mapping project. Background here: Story | Follow @EmilyMFierce

> More evidence found for new anti-cancer agent. More

> Diabetes drug slows aging process in worms. Report

> Researchers launch consortium to study neurodegenerative diseases. Item

> Dutch researchers detect early Parkinson's pathology. Article

> New drug could combat resistant malaria strains. More

Pharma Manufacturing News

> Manufacturing issues still dog A.P. Pharma. Story

> Japan's Asada Milling gets warning letter. More

> Lilly doubles down on insulin plant, expands API capacity. Article

> Sanofi adding manufacturing capacity in China, Vietnam. Story

And Finally ... Choosing the right playlist helps exercisers stick to their fitness routines. Report

Suggested Articles

After global recalls of heartburn medicine Zantac and an FDA ban, the Department of Justice is investigating Sanofi and GlaxoSmithKline.

The CD19 antibody, used in tandem with Celgene's Revlimid, represents the first FDA approval in second-line diffuse large B-cell lymphoma.

Sanofi has faced a probe into birth defects tied to seizure med Depakine for years. Now, the investigation is moving forward on manslaughter charges.