EAS Peak Helps Fitness Enthusiasts Sustain Energy, Increase Workout Capacity and Reduce Muscle Breakdown - Creating a New Category of Performance Beverages
ABBOTT PARK, Ill., Sept. 20 /PRNewswire/ -- Abbott today announced EAS Peak™, a novel sports nutrition performance beverage. EAS Peak is the only performance beverage with P3™ technology, which sustains energy, increases workout capacity and protects muscles from breakdown.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/abbott/46133/
Developed by Abbott sports nutrition scientists, EAS Peak features P3 technology to help fitness enthusiasts achieve their personal fitness and performance goals. Featuring a proprietary blend of beta-alanine(1), isomaltulose and HMB (beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate), EAS Peak goes beyond typical carbohydrate beverages to help maximize physical performance.
EAS Peak – Featuring P3 Technology
Backed by years of nutrition science at Abbott, the P3 technology in EAS Peak helps athletes in three ways:
- PUSH – increases workout capacity with 1.1 grams beta-alanine, an amino acid used to produce carnosine in the muscles: carnosine buffers exercise-related acidity in the muscles to help delay fatigue
- PERFORM – sustains energy with 15 grams isomaltulose, a slowly-digested carbohydrate that maintains blood glucose levels, a source of muscle energy, over a longer period of time compared with other carbohydrates
- PROTECT – reduces muscle breakdown with 1 gram HMB, a proprietary ingredient that can help slow muscle protein breakdown while promoting the production of new muscle tissue(2)
- Product Facts:
- EAS Peak is an excellent source of high-quality protein (10 grams per serving). It also contains 25 grams carbohydrates (15 grams isomaltulose), 150 calories and less than 1 gram fat to provide energy and help support lean muscle recovery and replenishment following physical activity.
- EAS Peak is ideal before a game or workout but can be consumed anytime.
- EAS Peak is a 16-ounce, caffeine-free beverage available in Orange Spark, Peach Surge and Fruit Power flavors.
- EAS Peak is available in grocery stores, drug stores and mass retail outlets, located in the sports nutrition aisle with other EAS products. It is also available online at www.AbbottStore.com.
Commentary on EAS Peak
Amanda Carlson-Phillips, MS, RD, CSSD, director, Performance Nutrition and Research at Athletes' Performance and Core Performance:
"As a sports nutritionist and supporter of EAS products, I reinforce with my clients how critical proper nutrition is before a workout or game. Without the necessary fuel, you can't expect to run an extra mile or perform another repetition, much less protect muscles from breakdown. In one beverage, EAS Peak provides the important pre-performance energy, nutrients and fluids needed to help maximize performance and protect muscles from wear and tear."
Keith Wheeler, Ph.D., FACSM, divisional vice president, Performance Nutrition Research, Development & Scientific Affairs, Abbott:
"Muscle fatigue and breakdown occurs with exercise – the harder you work out the more your muscles are affected. Leveraging years of nutrition science and experience with ingredients such as HMB, we've brought together a blend in the P3 technology that can help deliver extended energy, delayed muscle fatigue and reduced muscle breakdown. Using EAS Peak before a workout can help athletes prepare for, perform during and recover following a workout or competition."
About the EAS® Brand
Abbott, the maker of EAS, helped pioneer the development of specialized nutrition products for athletes and fitness enthusiasts. Abbott produces premier sports nutrition products for people whose active lifestyles benefit from specialized nutritional support, in conjunction with a well-balanced diet, to help fuel their athletic performance. Abbott is committed to using sound research and science to create high quality sports nutrition products to help athletes and fitness enthusiasts train and perform their best. For more information, visit www.eas.com.
About Abbott Nutrition
For more than 85 years, Abbott Nutrition has been developing and marketing science-based nutritional products to support the growth, health and wellness of people of all ages. Internationally recognized brands include the Similac® brand of infant formulas; the Gain® brand of growing-up milks; the PediaSure® line of nutritionals for children; and the Ensure® brand of complete and balanced nutrition for adults.
The company is a leader in nutritional products clinically shown to address the distinct dietary needs of people with serious health conditions or special nutrient requirements, such as the Glucerna® brand of nutrition shakes, bars and cereal for people with diabetes.
Abbott Nutrition also offers EAS® specialized products to meet the unique nutritional needs of athletes, as well as ZonePerfect® all-natural nutrition bars for busy, active lifestyles.
More information about Abbott Nutrition's products is available at www.AbbottNutrition.com.
Abbott is a global, broad-based health care company devoted to the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of pharmaceuticals and medical products, including nutritionals, devices and diagnostics. The company employs nearly 90,000 people and markets its products in more than 130 countries.
Abbott's news releases and other information are available on the company's website at www.abbott.com.
(1) Some people have a mild tingling feeling with beta-alanine
(2) Studies show 3g HMB and 3.2g CarnoSyn® beta-alanine are needed daily for optimal results; each serving of EAS Peak provides 1g HMB and 1.1g beta-alanine (CarnoSyn® is not a trademark of Abbott Laboratories)