Five die in pharma plant fire

A short circuit is the likely cause of a fatal fire in India that was triggered as workers inside a bottling chamber transferred bulk alcohol into bottles. Five were killed and three seriously injured at Kayvee Aeropharm in Kadi, Mehsana, 50 miles north of Ahmedabad.

The short circuit caused a blast in a chemical manufacturing drum, says IBN Live. It happened late Saturday morning in the 25- by 12-foot chamber, access to which was provided by only the main air-tight entrance, reports DNA India.

Fire spread quickly inside the sealed chamber, according to the report. Firefighters broke through the rear wall of the chamber to reach the workers.

- here's the DNA story
- see the IBN report

Webinar

Using AI and RWD to Uncover Rare Disease Insights, Accelerate Commercialization and Improve Patient Outcomes

Wednesday, March 24 | 2pm ET / 11am PT

Learn how IPM.ai transformed real world data into real world insights to assist Audentes in their development of AT132 for the treatment of XLMTM. The session reviews how IPM.ia and Audentes collaborated to uncover the XLMTM patient population.