Research and Markets: Thought Leader Insight & Analysis Report - Diabetes/Obesity Q4 2010
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4a0942/thought_leader_ins) has announced the addition of the "Thought Leader Insight & Analysis Report - Diabetes/Obesity Q4 2010" report to their offering.
MedPredict interviewed N. American and European thought leaders to identify the most promising candidates in clinical development, as well as explore unmet needs. Drug classes discussed include biguanides (metformin), DPP4 inhibitors, GLP-1 agonists, PPAR, secretagogues, SGLT2, GPR-119, insulins and (briefly) amphetamines.
Some of the questions addressed by this panel include:
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of GLP-1 agonists vs. DPP4 inhibitors?
- What will be the impact of the FDA's complete response letter to Lilly/Amylin requesting additional Bydureon data uptake of Novo Nordisk's Victoza?
- What are Victoza's advantages vs. Lilly/Amylin's Byetta?
- Is the increased pancreatitis seen with GLP-1's due to mechanism of action, or related to the disease condition?
- What will be one of the keys to physician acceptance of SGLT2 inhibitors?
- How do panelists distinguish between Merck's Januvia and BMS/AZ's Onglyza?
- How will Kombiglyze XR (a once-daily form of saxagliptin just approved by FDA) or Boehringer Ingelheim's Ondero (linagliptin, expected filing 4Q 2010) impact prescribing in the DPP4 class?
- What is the outlook for MannKind's inhaled insulin product, Afrezza? Will their Technosphere delivery system overcome the negative impact on lung function that caused Pfizer's Exubera to be discontinued?
Full transcripts of six qualitative interviews with endocrinologists are included with this report.
Key Topics Covered:
- Report Highlights
Some Key Findings
- Diabetes and Death From Cardiovascular Causes
- MK-0431C (pioglitazone + sitagliptin; Merck)
- Onglyza / Kombiglyze XR (saxagliptin; BMS/AZ)
- Ondero (linagliptin; Boehringer Ingelheim)
- Byetta (exenatide; Amylin/Lilly)
- Bydureon (exenatide LAR; Lilly/Amylin/Alkermes)
- Victoza (liraglutide; Novo Nordisk)
- Syncria (albiglutide; GlaxoSmithKline)
- Lixisenatide (AVE-0010; Sanofi-Aventis)
- LY2189265 (Lilly)
- LY2428757 (Lilly)
- GLP-1 Depo (Merck)
- Actos (pioglitazone; Takeda/Lilly)
- Avandia (rosiglitazone; GSK)
- dapagliflozin (Bristol-Myers Squibb / AstraZeneca)
- canagliflozin (J&J / Depomed)
- Levemir (Novo Nordisk)
- Degludec (NN1250; Novo Nordisk)
- ORMD-0801 (Oramed / Sanofi-Aventis)
- Qnexa (phentermine / topiramate; Vivus)
Thought Leader Discussions:
- Interview BJE02474
- Interview BJE02473
- Interview BJE02472
- Interview BJE02469
- Interview BJE02486
- Interview BJE02471
To view the reports full table of contents and for more information, please visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4a0942/thought_leader_ins.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
KEYWORDS: United States Europe North America
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Health Fitness & Nutrition Pharmaceutical Professional Services Other Professional Services Diabetes